• AlainaEmail
  • AlainaPin
  • AlainaTwit
  • AlainaFB
  • AlainaRSS

I Heart March

by Alaina on March 1, 2011 · 20 comments

March is my favorite month of the year. That and October (check out my new wedding page!). March is the beginning of spring; the (hopeful) beginning of warm weather but most importantly…

…it’s my birthday month! My birthday is March 18th and it’s on a Friday this year. I already have a 5k planned for the 19th (the St. Pat’s 5k in Providence). This is my third year running this race and I’m determined to beat my 32:53 time that I got last year and the year before! And my birthday lands on the last day of Restaurant Week so maybe I’ll take advantage of that! :-)

For a short month, February had a lot going on and it actually didn’t fly by! Here’s a recap:

It’s Snowmaggedon!
Super Brownies
Turner Fisheries
Blue Ribbon & BSB
Back from Vegas!
Vegas Eats
Vegas Casino’s & Events
Hoover Dam
Playing Catch Up
Papa Razzi
When the Husband’s Away…
Home Run
And a few posts about me! :-P

The big events of the month were, of course, the amazing trip to Las Vegas and all of the moving done for when David deploys. We are officially out of our apartment and currently in a hotel until tomorrow, when I’ll be moving into my new place with my sister in law.

It’s really starting to hit me now that he’ll be gone and I won’t see him until October. :-( I’m so lucky to have a great support system though with my family, his family and my friends. I’m hoping that the year will just fly by.

But I will look forward to my birthday this month! Over the past few years, I’ve had some fun parties.

2008 – 24th Birthday – Family party at my parents house

2009 – 25th Birthday – Quarter Century party at Kings Back Bay! Pictures courtesy of Mike
Sooo…no more pictures :-(
BUT my friends Jess and Sarah went out to Cambridge with me since my birthday is right after St. Patrick’s Day! And David was away for Army training.

My free stuff. :-P

2010 – 26th Birthday- Family party at our apartment. Nothing fancy.

Not sure what I’ll be doing this year though. I’m sure it’ll be a good one though!

What are you looking forward to most about March?

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Michelle March 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I’m looking forward to things FINALLY slowing down this month after a whirlwind February! Hopefully you and I can find some time to connect!

2 Beth March 1, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Happy birthday month :) I think a 5k, beer(s) and friends will be a perfect way to celebrate!

3 Rach March 2, 2011 at 11:22 am

Happy almost birthday!! March is fabulous because it means SPRING is knocking at our door! LOVE it! :D

4 Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) March 2, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love March because it’s such a happy month There’s the first day of Spring and the weather is absolutely gorgeous!

5 Matt March 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Is it too early to wish you happy birthday?

6 Alaina March 2, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Never too early! :-P

7 Ameena March 2, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I actually love February because it’s my birthday! But I like March because of the lovely weather.

I think that October will be here before you know it my friend! Hang in there!

8 Kim March 3, 2011 at 12:14 pm

connected to your blog though Michelle (funfearless)… we have the same birthday!!!! i love march – esp this year because i’m celebrating my birthday in Aruba and running a half-marathon there too! happy early birthday!

9 Alaina March 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Happy early birthday to you too!! Have a great time in Aruba and good luck on the half!! :-)

10 Jessica March 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hopefully spending some time with you for your bday!!!!!! ;-) We had such a great time in Cambridge!! Lets see what ruckus we can cause again!!! Free cover anyone for the birthday girl and her friends?!?! =D

11 Alaina March 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Haha, that was one of the best birthdays. ;-) We have to celebrate after the 5k!!

12 Kara March 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I just found your blog and I love it!

I’m looking forward to running my first full marathon in March! Less than 2 weeks, eeek!

13 Alaina March 3, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Welcome! Good luck on your marathon!! :-)

14 Mimi March 4, 2011 at 11:33 am

Sounds like March is sure to be an exciting month for you! I think it’s so helpful to set some goals and have things to look forward to!

15 Jen March 4, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I’m looking forward to longer days (thank god for daylight savings time!), warmer weather, more outside running and my last month of yoga teacher training.

I LOVE your 5k goal!!!

16 Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily March 4, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I can’t imagine how hard that is. It’s great that you have that support system in place. That’s what families are for.

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm

You will get your PR this year!! How fun to do a race near your birthday. My birthday is in August- it’s so hot that there are never any races!

18 Michelle March 8, 2011 at 10:26 am

October will come fast. Believe me. My husband just got back from a deployment in January (he was gone almost exactly an entire year….). I would dream of just 6 months apart! The first month and the last month will suck… but the other months will fly by.

19 Alaina March 8, 2011 at 10:48 am

Thank you Michelle. I am really glad for that little break (in Oct). And now I got word that he has a 4 day pass in early April before he ships out, so I’ll be flying down to Texas to see him. I’m glad your husband got back safely! :-)

20 Hannah@mindrunningwild March 15, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I love march because spring comes, I love St. Patty’s day, Spring break from college! I love the turning point of the year as it turns towards being warmer too : )