The temperatures have dropped here in Boston and I’ve had gotten the hard hit craving to make some soup. This craving came on so quickly that I decided to not even change into jeans and instead walked to the store in my sweatpants.
From the Taste of Home’s Big Book of Soup
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook the carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 7 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the next seven ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.
Yield: 8 servings
Well, I’ve mastered being able to switch the ISO on the camera but I have no idea what the other features do. I know it’ll just take time.
Oh, and the soup. The soup was hearty and very delicious. The spices weren’t out of this world but it definitely warmed me up on this 30* night!
What I am Thankful For
I am thankful for my cousins. Even though I’m an only child, I feel as close to them as if they were my siblings.