1) Two years ago yesterday my grandfather lost his battle with Alzheimer’s disease. As they did in the year prior, my parents brought my grandmother out for lunch. I planned on meeting them at the Seaport Grill in Gloucester…and I did…but an hour late. As we chatted, I had a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer and the chicken panini. And I don’t know what was in that sandwich, but I was, no joke, full for 6 hours.
2) It’s been a long 9 months since we’ve purchased our house/land. We still have to complete the bathroom and get the kitchen cabinets in before we can get our certificate of occupancy. David has been go-go-go since we demoed the house in April, but on Tuesday, he starts school. That’s probably going to push us further back than we had anticipated. But thankfully our wonderful families have been there to help us out, both financially and with their labor. We don’t anticipate it to be all that much longer. Probably another 3 to 4 weeks.
3) This past month I was nominated for star of the month. I didn’t win (my awesome concierge colleague did!), and although I was a bit disappointed, I just though that with the two years that I’ve been with the company I have been nominated 3 times and won once. I think that’s pretty darn cool.
4) My foot is still bothering me. I haven’t been working out as much, but I think just being on my feet for 8 hours at work is causing some discomfort. I’m hoping to be in a better position to run the CVS 5k in 3 weeks.
5) I have been itching to find things to write about on here. Whenever I get the inspiration to write something, I sit down at the computer and then my ADD kicks in. Either that or I always end up falling asleep on the keyboard. Either way, we cannot get into this house soon enough so that I can start cooking again and just having fun.
6) Pumpkin beers are already in the stores and on September 4th Starbucks will be rolling out the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. Bring on the fall!
How was your summer? Are you looking forward to fall?