Is “wordful” even a word? Well, it is today!
Lot’s has been going on in the past few weeks; in life, work, house, all of it! And to risk bombarding you with long paragraphs, I will bulletize. Yeah, I feel like making up words today.
- A couple of weeks ago my cousin Angie got engaged to her boyfriend Jacob, and I am so unbelievably happy for them. I’ve always felt like my cousins were my siblings and now I feel like I’m getting a new brother in law. I had the chance to meet him when David and I were in Portland for my birthday and I don’t think I could’ve spoken more highly of him. He’s such a great guy. Cannot wait for that wedding!
- This past weekend was the perfect fall weather. I had my first pumpkin spiced misto and even went fall clothing shopping at Target. You know those times when you go in for 2 items and come out with 12? Yep, that totally happened to me. And today, it’s 95* with a humidity level to feel like 104*. I think my new coat will have to wait a few days to make an appearance.
- Things at work are slowly starting to ramp up! I was getting into a bit of a rut, but now the department I’m in is hoping to develop a bigger role in the company. Think: it’s own division! A part of the job that took up about 75% of my workload is ending at the end of this month so I’ll be able to devote more time to helping the division grow. I’m very excited as to the direction that we’re going in! There will be more fun events and more information on the city being circled throughout our concierge desks and residents/clients.
- David recently signed up at a 24-hour gym about 3 miles from our house. I’ve been using a 7 day guest pass and I think once it’s up (which is today actually!) I will sign up myself. Even though we get up at 4AM to work out, it’s not as hard as I thought it would be. It helps that we get to sleep around 8:30/9 and that the gym is a short drive. We’ve gone about 4 times since he signed up last Wednesday and I even ran both Saturday (2 mile interval) and Sunday (3 hilly miles). And you know what? I feel GREAT! It really is amazing what exercising in the morning has done for my outlook on life. It seems like everything is great right now. Work, life, social stuff. I was in a funk about a month ago and now things are starting to look up. 😀
- My sister in law, Sara, started her own Etsy shop and blog: Industrial Blush! She specializes in lighting, commonly made with empty wine bottles or reclaimed items. She also makes wreathes and infinity scarves. I just bought a scarf today! She is amazingly talented and such a great person. I highly recommend checking out her shop!
- David and mine’s (is that right?) 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up next month! We’ve started to plan and I think it’s decided that we’ll go to Nantucket. Hopefully at the end of October, the weather will still be nice but it won’t be as heavily crowded with tourists. Have you ever been to Nantucket? Any recommendations?
- We’ve gone 5 months without an energy bill. Here’s hoping that the winter will bring much of the same! We have some credit that we can buy back, as well and a new heating system that will hopefully be more efficient than what we had this past year.
- As of August 22, I’ve been blogging for 3 years! I completely forgot about it until about a week ago. I may do a belated giveaway; we shall see!
I think that’s it for my brain dump today! I still have quite a bit I want to write about (historical pub crawl, review of Steve DiFillippo’s new book, Restaurant Week lunch) so hopefully I won’t be quiet for too long!
Hope you all are having a great week! Anything exciting going on with you?